|pain in the world
LIBERAL PARTY PLATFORM OVERVIEW
OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL
THE LIBERAL PLAN FOR THE FUTURE OF CANADA
· As of January 1, 2001, we will reduce the 29% top tax rate to 26% for incomes ranging from $60,000 to $100,000, and we will eliminate the deficit reduction surtax.
· In 2000, we reduced the 26% middle rate for those earning between $30,000 and $60,000 to 24%. As of January 1, 2001, we will reduce it further, to 22%.
· As of January 1, 2001, we will reduce the bottom rate to 16% from 17% for incomes below $30,000.
· We will provide fuel tax rebates of up to $250 per household to help low- and modest-income Canadians cope with the higher costs of fuel prices this winter.
· We will help postsecondary students with the rising costs of education by doubling the amount on which the education tax credit is based, to $400 per month for full-time students and $120 per month for part-time students.
· We will increase the disability tax credit from ...