This is the first 1,000 characters of 2634 words (10.54 pages) in the essay titled Anxiety
Analysis of _The Age of Anxiety_ by W.H. Auden
The themes and ideas in Auden's _The Age of Anxiety_ reflect his belief
that man's quest for self actualization is in vain.
I. Auden's background
A. As a 1930's poet
1. Views of Society
2. Diagnosis of the industrial society
B. Major conflicts of his works
II. _The Age of Anxiety_ overview
A. As a quest poem
1. Characters' search for self-actualization
2. Characters' inevitable failure in the quest
B. Characters' views on the general situation
1. Their belief to be in Purgatory when they are allegorically in Hell
2. Their disbelief in impossibility
III. _The Age of Anxiety_ character analysis
IV. Part I
A. Commonly called "Prologue"
B. Introduces scene and characters
C. Characters think aloud to reveal their nature
1. Quant views himself with false admiration
2. Malin examines the theoretical nature of man
3. Rosetta endeavors...
To view the complete essay NOW:
You can view download the complete version of this essay for only $14.00. This is the final price of the essay - there is no extra hidden or fees and no price per page charges. Your purchase is 100% secure. Click on the Paypal icon below and you will have the essay instantaneously.