This is the first 1,000 characters of 503 words (2.01 pages) in the essay titled The Presidency
- The powers of the presidency are described very briefly in Article II of the Constitution. Specific powers include:
- Chief Administrator
- Chief Lawmaker
- Chief Diplomat
- Chief of State
- In addition to those enumerated powers, presidents have claimed they have certain inherent powers to do whatever has to be done to fulfill their responsibilities as leaders.
- George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln all expanded on their enumerated powers, setting a precedent for later presidents to do likewise.
- Because the U.S. has become such a powerful nation, presidents have become more powerful people. They are now considered world leaders as well as national leaders.
- They have also become party leaders,have to be strong communicators in the age of mass media, and serve as lobbyists for their legislative goals.
- One explanation for expansion of presidential powers is that som...
To view the complete essay NOW:
You can view download the complete version of this essay for only $14.00. This is the final price of the essay - there is no extra hidden or fees and no price per page charges. Your purchase is 100% secure. Click on the Paypal icon below and you will have the essay instantaneously.